Data Management: clean data as the prerequisite for the customer experience
From information to insight with data management
You collect data online and offline but have a difficult time joining them. You know your target group, yet your data is spread across different systems and therefore incomplete. You want to join all your data in one place so that you can segment it successfully. You also have third-party data that you would like to use to enrich your data landscape with the goal of getting to know and understand your customers better – to allow you to “touch” them individually, exactly at the right time, and with topics that are relevant to them. To accomplish this, you need an integrated data landscape and sustainable data quality. If you have the right solution for managing your data, you can lay the foundation for customer love stories.
Data management in times of hyper-personalization
It is all over town: Personalizing the customer experience is essential to creating and maintaining long-term customer relationships. Today, customers want to be contacted individually, at a time that is most convenient for them, and they expect customized offers. The growing collection of customer data fuels your customers’ personalization expectations – the more information your customers provide about themselves, the more they expect you to use it for personalized service.
Personalization pays off
Numerous studies show that companies that focus on the customer experience can secure a distinct competitive advantage. Also, companies that apply creative practices – such as the design of intelligent customer journeys – in conjunction with state-of-the-art data processing methods are clearly more effective. Artificial Intelligence (AI) plays a crucial role in this endeavor because it is difficult to uncover new, complex customer insight without intelligent data analysis.
Why data management is the prerequisite for good customer relationships
Everyone talks about the strategic value of customer data. And rightly so – because today your company benefits more than ever from customer data. Your data, however, is of little value, if it is neither clean nor integrated. This is where data management comes into play – because data consolidation takes you to holistic customer insight, which in turn will boost your marketing strategies, campaigns, and product offerings.
When data management makes sense
- Various, independent, and separate data silos from different sources with different formats and structures
- Complex customer data and customer segmentation
- A lack of understanding of marketing campaigns and real-time analytics
- Incompatibilities between business applications with regard to the exchange of data
- Extensive anomalies in data quality
- Increasing difficulties with customer segmentation and data analysis since data is spread across systems and is disjointed
- A lack of standards regarding data governance, hierarchization, and management
Benefit from a data management platform
You can serve your customers better with a data management platform. First, because you get to know your customers better by collecting new data about them. Secondly, because it will allow you to merge and analyze data from various third-party systems. For example, the integration of real-time data from your online shop, such as your customers’ shopping cart abandonment or search behavior, with other customer-relevant data becomes possible, and you can find out more about your customers’ purchase intentions.
Data management advantages
- The ability to provide customized offers and personalized customer care through customer data merged from various sources.
- Optimal customer care as a result of combining your data with data from third-party providers.
- Help with the identification of new segments and target groups and with keeping track of those.
- Consideration of geographic and demographic characteristics for customer segmentation by merging your data with data from third-party providers.
- The ability to obtain real-time evaluations to personalize the customer “touch.”
Data Management as a prerequisite for compelling customer journeys
A proverb says, “We are drowning in information, but have a thirst for knowledge.” This saying very much sums up today’s data-driven world. Because it is not only a matter of the data volume but also how companies harness the data that determines whether they will gain a competitive advantage. With BSI CRM, you get CRM software that allows you to store and maintain customer data efficiently and in an organized manner. Even more customer proximity is possible with BSI Studio, the digitization platform that helps you design intelligent customer journeys. The prerequisite: clean, integrated data.
BSI Studio as a data management platform
How convenient: BSI studio is a digitization and data management platform at the same time and supports you with the integration of external data sources. Data from various third-party systems is stored transparently and in a central location.
Here are some examples:
- You create a payment reminder for your customer in your ERP system. Due to the seamless integration with BSI Studio, this information is taken into account by the BSI Studio data management platform for the relevant campaigns – customer stories.
- Your Google Analytics tracker recognizes that one of your customers has abandoned their online shopping cart. BSI Studio receives this information in real time and displays it in Mission Control. You can then respond immediately and assign a suitable customer story to this customer.
- Summer is approaching, and you want to surprise your customers who have birthdays coming up with a gift that matches the weather. BSI Studio has the integration of weather data from third parties under control.
Data, Story, Action!
The defining characteristics of BSI Studio are:
- The standardized integration of external systems via web services
- Easy access to data
- Speed through real-time data
- Analytics as a tool for decision makers