“The full depth of our relationships lies beneath the surface of BSI’s software.”
Sandra Linder, Swiss Post
“The way BSI works really matches the Swiss Post's core values: reliable, value-enhancing and sustainable.”
Dieter Funk, Swiss Post
Counter, Sales Database, Fleet management and Contact Center for Swiss Post
New, simplified user interface for the counter application
In a massive show of strength, Swiss Post reconfigured the user interface of its counter application in less than a year and retrained over 12,000 employees on V-MaX. A time value analysis of entries made in the counter application revealed major discrepancies between the processing times of similar products and services.
With the V-MaX project, he radically simplified the ergonomics of the user interface with the objective of reducing time spent processing so that there is more time for customer. The goal was to calm down activity at the counter.
“Everyone profits: the customer, because it's faster, and the employee, because it's easier.”
Daniel Müller, Head Business Operations PV52, Swiss Post
In German, the name V-MaX encompassed the team’s project objective, which was simplification (V) for the employees (Ma) in customer transactions (X), and for management and employees at the post office V-MaX also stands for the maximizing of sales. Everyone profits: The customer, because it is faster, and the employee, because it is easier.
- The software is used daily by 10,000 people in 2000 post office locations
- Re-Design must be „silent“, so that employees could work further without being interrupted
- Clarity: Each function has the same functionality always and everywhere
- Easiness: 90 per cent of standard counter transactions with just a single click via only-keyboard use
- Scalability, future changes can be displayed in the navigation, such as additional products or new functionalities
- Extremely short project duration: A project like this normally takes two and a half years; BSI and Swiss Post needed less than one
- Integration of numerous processes, which formerly where build in third party systems, like ticket sales
Swiss Post sales database
Twenty years ago, the Swiss Post was still called PTT and BSI CRM was still ORS. While plenty has changed since then, the customer relationship between the Post and BSI remains firmly intact. Central customer data entry as an original idea has, in the course of 20 years, become a sales database and a general sales tool for sales, controlling and the opportunity management of 6,000 employees.
After 20 years of internal development, Swiss Post switched to the BSI CRM standard in 2015. The Post has been able to profit from the market through the use of a CRM product and keep the Post-specific adaptation to an economic minimum at around 10%.
- 100 percent BSI CRM (SOA and openness, flexibility, integration capability and sustainability through modern standards (Eclipse Scout))
- Agile implementation
- Intuitive user guidance
- Single sourcing and multi-frontend
Swiss Post customer service
BSI Contact Center in the Swiss Post's customer service. Greater efficiency in customer service with service lines and guided processes.
Around 300 customer service team members at the Swiss Post respond to 1.5 million customer enquiries annually by phone, e-mail, Web form, fax, letter and Twitter. The enquiries range from opening times, letters and package tracking to philately and PostShop products, and on to more complex and specific service questions. To make life easier for the service staff and to boost their expertise and efficiency, the Swiss Post decided to introduce a professional contact center solution. The aim of the solution was to integrate the communication channels to facilitate a 360° view of the customer. Another relevant criterion was process management in order to be able to process and resolve customer enquiries more quickly and competently. A third criterion was the attainment of savings in terms of licensing and operating costs.
BSI Contact Center has been in use since the end of October 2013 in the Swiss Post customer service. The team led by Jean-Luc Morchetti quickly realized that both the project and economic goals would be reached. New team members can be trained more quickly and are productive within a short time. Processes can be immediately improved with the process support; changes take effect right away. The guided processes and services lines have proved to be advantageous for internal settlement.
“We were also able to attain significant savings with licensing and operating costs. Another success is the pleasure with which staff has accepted the new system. We are still in the learning and consolidation phase, but you can see that the figures are improving month on month.”
Jean-Luc Morchetti, Head of Customer Service at Swiss Post
Post Company Cars AG offers a comprehensive portfolio of fleet management services, among them full-service leasing and mobility consulting. This Swiss Post subsidiary manages a fleet of over 22,000 vehicles of all types and sizes. BSI developed a comprehensive process management system for Post Company Cars based on BSI CRM in just one year.
- Close gearing of the fleet management system with customer administration processes
- Complete depiction of customer business
- Interface to the existing SAP system for accounts payable and receivable, fuel data management and invoice issuing through the printing facility
- Multilingual, client-capable and completely paperless processes